Thursday, April 29, 2010

Taking the Plunge

Well, since I can't just go and adopt a child right away without the proper means to support her.  So, I went to the ASPCA instead and got Skipper!

I'm allergic to almost everything there is so I have to start taking Claritin everyday.  It's a new experience taking care of another living being, someone whom relying on you to feed and keep them clean and healthy.  The experience of cleaning up the litter pan is very painful to my sense of smell, I guess it's almost like changing little kids' diapers.  That and telling them to stop making poo poo on people's beds...

He's a 18 month old, 16 lbs, short haired, domestic stray who got badly injured in fight with another animal (we assuming it's dogs since he hates them with a vengeance).  But he's cuddling next to my leg right now... and that's very distracting.  I guess the cuteness is superseding the yuckiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment